2019 Annual Meeting
- Budget Proposal - including dues increase:
The Board of Directors recommends an increase in the dues.
Your dues pay for membership in three organizations: National, Wisconsin and Sheboygan County. We collect the dues for National and Wisconsin and forward them on to each organization for you. We have kept the dues low for two years. Of the $65 you pay the Sheboygan County Leagues keeps only $3 per member. That leaves us with approximately $225 to pay the expenses for our local programs. We have done some fund raising projects and received grants from the state, which has helped. In addition, many members have donated supplies and services as we did not have enough money to pay for them. We would like to become self-sufficient.
This year we are proposing a $10 increase for individuals ($65 to $75) and a $5 increase for additional family members ($30 to $35). This will give us approximately $1,000 for our local programs. Students are still free.
We are still offering the flexible dues. For those members who may not be able to pay the $75, we are asking that you pay what you can as it is most important to us that you are a member. For those people who can pay more it would be very helpful if you would pay what you can.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Policy
LWV is an organization fully committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in principle and in practice. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to the organization’s current and future success in engaging all individuals, households, communities, and policy makers in creating a more perfect democracy.
There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, gender identity, ethnicity, race, native or indigenous origin, age, generation, sexual orientation, culture, religion, belief system, marital status, parental status, socioeconomic status, language, accent, ability status, mental health, educational level or background, geography, nationality, work style, work experience, job role function, thinking style, personality type, physical appearance, political perspective or affiliation and/or any other characteristic that can be identified as recognizing or illustrating diversity.
The over-arching focus for the 2019-2020 program year is DIVERSITY, EQUITY and INCLUSION. Each of our committees will appoint at least 1 member who will champion this focus internally and programmatically.
Article IV, Section 7. Quorum: The number of members in attendance will constitute a quorum to conduct business at all membership meetings of LWVSHEB.
- Nomination and Election of Officers, Directors, Delegates and Nominating Committee Member - “The report of the Nominating Committee of its nominations for Officers, Directors, and the members of the succeeding Nominating Committee shall be sent to all members at least 30 days before the date of the Annual Meeting. At the Annual Meeting, immediately following the presentation of this report, nominations may be made from the floor by any voting member, provided the consent of the nominee shall have been secured.” from the LWVSC Bylaws
- President (1 or 2-year term): Jane Kettler (1-year term)
- President-Elect or Vice President (1 or 2-year term): open
- Secretary (2-year term): Nona Beining
- Directors (2-year term): 3 openings
- Nominating Committee: 1 opening
- Delegates to the LWVWI annual meeting: 2 openings (must be a member) June 8, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Greenlake, WI